East Riding Association of Rural Community Buildings.
The association exists to raise the profile of village halls, church halls and rural community buildings and to support the volunteers that run them.
ERA of RCB is a membership organisation that uses the membership fee money provided by member halls with advice, training and support.
ERA of RCB is a registered charity.
The Association is established for the following purposes in the area administered by the East Riding of Yorkshire Council.
• To encourage and share best practice of managing a community building through networking, peer support, training and information
• To research and implement, where possible, any cost savings and income generating initiatives for the benefit of the member organisations (community buildings)
• To influence at local, reginal and national level and raise the profile of community buildings within the area of benefit
• To work with member organisations and others to achieve these objectives.
What Do We Do?
• Hold quarterly network meetings at which member organisations listen to guest speakers on relevant topics and exchange information
• Organise training events/seminars where more detail is required on a specific topic e.g. charity returns/governance
• Provide Hallmark a quality assurance scheme for village halls
• Telephone and Email Advice Service
• Advocacy and Lobbying
Membership is open to any village hall, church hall, parish meeting room, sport hall/pavilion or other type of community in the East Riding of Yorkshire.
Joint Membership Scheme
Membership of ERAofRCB includes membership of HWRCC. The benefit of this is access to information and technical advice from ACRE the umbrella organisation for Rural Community Councils.
Membership runs from 01 April—31st March each year.
The current membership fee is £75 per annum and allows organisations to send as many trustees and volunteers as they wish to network and training events.